Ecommerce business increased during and post the worldwide epidemic. You may be one of those e-commerce store owners who has got a great website launched, displayed trending items on it, and is waiting for people to buy from you. But if you haven’t seen fruitful results so far, you need to establish sustainable strategies to promote your store and increase its sales.
10 Best Techniques and Tactics to Increase Ecommerce Business
The common reasons why people don’t buy from an e-store are lack of trust in it, the wrong audience being targeted, poorly designed websites, not investing in lead generation, bad customer service, and outrageous shipping time. Here are 10 ways in which you can address these to increase Ecommerce business.
1. Build your brand’s trust
Ecommerce stores need to build trust about their brand amongst customers. Here are a few ways to do this-
- Pick a reliable that ensures quick load times.
- Sell high-quality products and describe them just as they are. This will reveal that you are honest with your customers.
- Establish your presence on social media pages and engage your audience there via webinars, posting live videos of your office/factory, and conducting quizzes and other competitions.
- Share user-generated content such as reviews, ratings, testimonials, etc. on your website, blogs, social media pages, etc.
- Follow compliance requirements regarding business governing laws of your country.
2. Build your brand awareness
By creating awareness about your brand amongst your target audience, you can generate trust, promote sales and repeat purchases, and even improve SEO. You can improve brand awareness by-
- Offering quality products
- Having high-quality product images
- Posting quality content
- Partnering with influencers
- Partnering with other related businesses
- Being active on social media
- Using paid ads
3. Promote your brand via email marketing
Of the different marketing channels used by businesses, the most popular is email. This is because you’ll be targeting people who are already interested in your brand. So, build your email list by using lead forms and getting users to opt-in to receive your email communications. Then segment your contacts based on meaningful parameters to send them relevant emails.
Set up automatic email marketing campaigns. And remember that the ultimate goal of every campaign should be to convert the recipients. So, take efforts to nurture them towards making a purchase from you.
4. Work on your store’s navigation and SEO
Your site navigation is vital. It should allow your users to find what they are looking for in the shortest time possible. This will increase their chances of buying from you and making repeated purchases from you. So, while determining the design and navigation of your site and while testing it, put yourself in your customer’s shoes.
You may even ask your employees, friends, and family members to test the usability of your site. This will help make enhancements to your site navigation to ensure a good user experience. Also work on your SEO by increasing loading speed; and optimizing keywords, landing pages, and blog posts.
5. Offer exceptional customer service
People tend to become loyal customers of those stores that efficiently resolve customer complaints. So, offering outstanding customer service can be one of your best customer retention strategies. Take diligent efforts towards offering effective customer service. Here are certain things you can do.
- Incorporate a Live Chat option in your e-store. Let chatbots answer the oft-asked queries.
This will lower the number of chats your customer care has to manually attend to and increase your sales.
- Have an FAQ section. This will help your customers help themselves.
- Allow your customers to send their complaints to you via email. And respond to them immediately.
- Prove round-the-clock phone support. This will lead your customers to trust your brand better.
6. Work on the shipping times and costs
People today expect fast delivery and most e-commerce stores facilitate this. When yours doesn’t, they’ll cancel their orders and go to a store that provides this. So, partner with a third-party logistics company to seamlessly handle your store’s logistics and delivery tasks. This will reduce the number of late deliveries.
Apart from this, also provide free shipping or fixed shipping costs. This way, your shipping charges won’t appear as added costs just at the verge when a customer is about to complete an online purchase. This will also give them the feeling that they’re getting a better bargain.
7. Simplify the checkout process
2021 based stats say that over 18% of customers leave their carts due to complexities involved in checking out. So, you need to cut it short and simplify your checkout. You can do so in the following ways-
- Eliminating unnecessary registration requirements
- Providing guest checkouts
- Offering several payment methods
All these can increase sales on your e-commerce website.
8. Optimize your store for mobile
Today, more and more people shop online using their smartphones. However, stats also say that while an increasing number of people are shopping on mobile, many of them aren’t purchasing. This means that e-stores aren’t providing a frictionless experience on mobile phones. This leads to a significant loss in sales opportunities.
So, optimize your website for all mobile devices. This will ensure a good user experience for mobile as well as desktop users and increase your Ecommerce business.
9. Use video product demonstrations
Today, people expect high quality when it comes to product images, but not for videos. Moreover, people prefer video content more than static images and text content. So, e-commerce stores can tap into the potential of video marketing without spending much. So invest into creating video product demos. When people see the products in use, they become more ready to buy.
Further, encourage buyers to post video reviews of the products they purchased. This will not only capture the shopper’s attention, but also motivate them to word of mouth marketing with assurance if the products are as per their expectations.
10. Personalize the experience
Studies suggest that generic advertising, promotions, and messaging is quite inefficient and often ignored by consumers. So, if you’re following this, you’re losing many potential customers. Therefore, you should personalize their experience.
Use personalization software to make personalized product recommendations and customized deals and offers based on customer behavior, demographics, preferences, past purchases, and more. This will increase your sales. If you can’t afford to give discounts and deals to every customer, then target high-value buyers alone.
Running an e-commerce business isn’t an easy thing, but with some of the best marketing tips in your sleeve, you can play well to increase your Ecommerce business. So, do make use of the ten best techniques discussed in our blog.
Shivani is a content writer at InviteReferrals, which provides referral software that allows businesses to attract new customers from existing customers through referral campaigns.